You may have heard in this age of technology that there is a smartphone app for virtually everything. At least that is what I am told by my tech-savvy teenager.. Dinosaurs like me are still adjusting to the pedestrian activities of texting and messaging.
So it came as no surprise that my daughter Cheyenne told me today about an app that I couldn’t even imagine existed – the period app. And yes, that is period as in menstrual period. There is a smartphone app that allows women to track when their period will occur, their moods and symptoms.
Here is what the app – Period Tracker – does:
Period Tracker, the easiest way to track your periods is now on Android!
* Press a button at the start of your period every month. Period Tracker logs your dates and calculates the average of your past 3 months’ menstrual cycles to predict the start date of your next period.
* View your current and future period dates, ovulation and fertile days, your moods and your symptoms in a simple month-view calendar.
* Decorate your phone with an icon that looks great on your home screen and that’s discreet. It reads simply “P Tracker.”
Period Tracker is FILLED WITH FEATURES.
* Take daily notes of moods, symptoms, and intimacy.
* Easily view the number of days until next period or number of days late.
* Know when you’re fertile with flowers that show on your homescreen during your predicted ovulation and eight day “fertile window.”
Period Tracker has been raved about by thousands of users.
Wow…the times, they are a changin’. When I think of all the years I had nothing but a calendar to track my monthly adventure – how did I survive? Looking back it was clearly the equivalent of old cave etchings.
The ship has sailed for me regarding the period app. These days I am dancing across the months on the calendar with a multitude of perimenopause symptoms. But wouldn’t you know, there is an app for perimenopause too. It is called myPause.
Beam me up Scotty…me and my calendar.
Day one thousand five hundred and fifty-nine of the new forty – obla di obla da