Kiss mine.

As a woman who has always had plenty of junk in her trunk, I was drawn to the Washington Post story published in The Forum online about Michelle Obama’s posterior.  Apparently, Michelle’s posterior has been the butt of many snide comments.  The story was about a recent comment about Michelle’s fanny caught on tape.

According to the article, Bob Grisham, a high school football coach was taped saying, “Fat butt Michelle Obama. Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.”

Yikes.  That’s harsh.  Grisham, who now says he misspoke, was suspended Monday.

Why is it that folks feel it is appropriate to make such critical comments about Michelle Obama and other high profile women?  We don’t pick apart males in the public eye like this?  We don’t talk about the size of their body parts – be they perceived to be abnormally large or pitifully small.  Men don’t go around worrying about whether their butt looks big – they don’t bear the body image baggage that has historically been laid upon women.

Michelle Obama is a beautiful, healthy, real woman.  If you want to take issue with her beliefs or platform – fine; but skip criticizing her body.  It is ridiculously petty and behavior unbecoming of good folk.  And to those who cannot refrain from being a big ass and providing commentary about the size of a woman’s posterior, I say, “Kiss mine!” ;-)

Day one thousand three hundred and nine of the new forty – obla di obla da

6 Responses to Kiss mine.

1. Barbara says:

Bravo!! “Kiss mine” is the only proper response to those suffering from HUTAS! :D

2. tim haering says:

not to defend the rude remark, but FLOTUS has set herself on-point promoting youth fitness, so carrying a plump posterior looks a little hypocritical, like a parent declaring, “Do as I say, not as I do.” Which is not unusual, almost all parents – and politicians — do that.

3. Paul Cline says:

Here Here

4. Sheri says:

Could you imagine the uproar if someone (say Hilary Clinton) was caught on tape saying some (well known) guy had a big gut? The drama that would ensue! And to Tim – I don’t think that Michelle Obama’s backside has as much to do with weight as it has to do with body type. One can be in great shape, and still not look like a Barbie doll- if you know what I mean.

5. Henry says:

“Michelle Obama is a beautiful, healthy, real woman.”

That is up for discussion.

I would be more inclined to look at the potential beauty of FLOTUS from within. Looking at the board she served on at Princeton, she was slinging around the accusations that all whites are racist. That does not display inward beauty, and it certainly does not bring people together. It is an example of the devisiveness the O’s have brought to the oval office.

6. Katherine says:

Genetics controls much of body shape. She exercises and purports to eat right. Women’s bodies are not conversation pieces.