What a fabulous legacy…

Yesterday was Miss Sparkle’s last day of ninth grade.  It left her a little melancholy.  It left me a little melancholy as well.  A whole year passed so quickly.  I never cease to be amazed at how quickly the time goes.

I confess that I was happy to be relieved of the additional time burden that driving back and forth to Sheyenne High School imposed on my schedule.  Next year, Cheyenne will be at West Fargo High School – a mere handful of minutes away from our house.  I am almost gleeful about this.  I am not gleeful that Cheyenne has to change schools again, but this is what West Fargo School District came up with as a short-term fix – all the 9th graders were at Sheyenne High School this past school year.

Now Cheyenne will be in a new high school as a sophomore.  I am sure she will be fine.  A good chunk of her STEM friends (her 6th-8th grade academic home) will go with her to West Fargo High School, but not all of them.  That was concerning me for a bit, but I realized today that those STEM bonds will never leave her.

Yesterday, Cheyenne and a group of former STEMers attended a gathering they instigated at the field behind their old school.  A number of their former teachers and their former principal attended as well.  It seemed like a simple little gathering, but it sure did mean an awful lot to Cheyenne and her friends.  The STEM program always had a heart of its own and it beats on even though the kids are in high school and the teachers have been distributed to different sites around the district.  Once a STEMer, always a STEMer.

What a fabulous legacy for the West Fargo School District’s STEM Program. ;-)

A mini-STEM reunion on the last day of ninth grade.

Day one thousand four hundred and twenty-three of the new forty – obla di obla da

14 Responses to What a fabulous legacy…

1. tim haering says:

Time flies when you’re having fun. Time flies when you’re having. Time flies when you’re. Time flies when. Time flies. Time. Cheyenne will kick butt and take names wherever she goes. Change = Opportunity. Cellists are like that. GO get ‘em.

I must admit it’s getting better, a little better all the time.

2. tim haering says:

I hope you’re ok, Ms. C. Been an unusually long lapse for the New Forty. Boot z’darova.

Ciao.

3. tim haering says:

Still wondering how you are. May the Force, be with you. GOd bless!

4. kathleen says:

did you go on vacation without telling us :(

5. tim haering says:

Ms. C, hope you’re feeling better. A little something for Miss Sparkle:
    - Cellists move and groove to make sweeter sounds

6. tim haering says:

Gosh I sure hope you won the lottery and are just too busy orchestrating incredible calculated and random acts of charity. Write when you got a chance. We’re getting lonely out here. Me and Father McKenzie are running out of socks to darn.

7. B-dubya says:

Tim has said it all perfectly: WE MISS YOU, MS C!!

8. tim haering says:

Still praying for your safe return to this locality, to have a heapin’ helpin’ of your hospitality. LOL. Beverly HIllbillies theme. Y’all come back now, hear?

9. tim haering says:

Id wait a million years
    Walk a million miles, cry a million tears
    Id swim the deepest sea
    Climb the highest hill, just to have your column

This situation calls for the Grass Roots. Ms. C, where art thee? Hope you won the Lottery and are driving from the Bay of Fundy to Tierra del Fuego in a rented minivan. LOL. Write sometime, somewhere, we’re still here, and you are not alone.

10. tim haering says:

A little work related story for ya:

- Even as flood damages mount, towns say planning paid off … In Moorhead Wednesday, [USDA Sec.] Vilsack unveiled a $50 million conservation initiative to help reduce flooding in the Red River Valley. In the metro area, there was plenty of sandbagging, sump pumping and road closing, but officials were happy to see years of sometimes contentious flood planning pay off as river defenses bent, at times, but mostly didn’t break.

11. kathleen says:

I just emailed Mrs. C. in hopes some one would answer. If I find out anything I will post here

12. tim haering says:

Thanks, Kathleen. Happy 4th, Ms. C, Cheyenne, Mike and others. Hope y’all had some brats, beer and fireworks. Hope it’s still happy ever after in the marketplace.

13. tim haering says:

Weird as a beard. You’d expect a note from the publisher by now. Could the publisher not have noticed your absence? Your mysterious disappearance is as strange as the fireman rushing in from the pouring rain.

The waiting is the hardest part.

14. tim haering says:

we’re so sorry, uncle albert,
    But we haven’t done a bloody thing all day.
    We’re so sorry, uncle albert,
    But the kettle’s on the boil
    And we’re so eas’ly called away.”

I sure do hope you and your family are ok, Ms. C. I am unsure when to wish you a happy life, so I guess now is good. Maybe tomorrow this space won’t even be here. Ciao for nao, braon cao.